The Philippines U-22 Head Coach Marlon Maro and his team are currently in Japan for a week-long training camp in preparation for the upcoming 2018 AFC U-23 Championship China Qualifiers (19-23 July) and 29th SEA Games (14-29 August).
In previous editions, the SEA Games has been an under-23 tournament but this time round, the organisers have decided to knock that back a year, resulting in various key players like Jun Badelic, Paolo Bugas, and Paolo Salenga ineligible for this year’s competition.
The SEA Games’ 20-player squad (instead of the usual 23) has been submitted as the deadline given by the organisers was brought forward to 2 months before the start of event.
29TH SEA GAMES SQUAD
• Nathanael Ace Villanueva (University of the Philippines / FC Meralco Manila)
• Julian Mariano Clarino (University of the Philippines / FC Meralco Manila)
• Daniel Bernan Gadia (FC Meralco Manila)
• Dylan Alain Lucienne de Bruycker (Davao Aguilas FC)
• Jaime Vicenzo Cheng (Davao Aguilas FC)
• Junell Mark Bautista (Davao Aguilas FC)
• Rey Franco Miguel de la Torre (Davao Aguilas FC)
• Richard Talaroc Jr. (Davao Aguilas FC)
• Roberto Corsame Jr. (Arellano University)
• Javier Augustine Gayoso (Ateneo de Manila University)
• Jordan Blair Daydora Jarvis (Ateneo de Manila University)
• Jeremiah Raphael Rocha (Ateneo de Manila Univeristy / Kaya FC Makati B)
• Christian Lapas (University of the Philippines / Kaya FC Makati B)
• Ray Joseph Joyel (Far Eastern University / Kaya FC Makati B)
• Reymart Cubon (Far Eastern University / Kaya FC Makati B)
• Dimitri Lionel Limbo (Kaya FC Makati B)
• Nimrod Balabat (San Beda College)
• Valentino Calvo (De La Salle – College of Saint Benilde)
• Yoshiharu Koizumi (De La Salle University)
• Kouichi Belgira (JPV Marikina FC)
Additional players below are called up for the Japan training camp but will most likely not feature in the SEA Games unless injuries occurred during the course of preparation.
• Ronilo Vallez Bayan Jr. (Kaya FC Makati)
• Jeremiah Borlongan (University of the Philippines / Kaya FC Makati B)
• Jay-Ar Bucayan (Davao Aguilas FC)
• Van Rey Diaz (Davao Aguilas FC)
• Mark Winhoffer (Yale University)
A few players who meet the age limit criteria like Luke Woodland, Amani Aguinaldo, and Kenshiro Daniels are not selected due to their senior national team commitments as the Azkals will play a friendly match followed by the 2019 AFC Asian Cup UAE Qualifier against Yemen in Bacolod on 5 September.